**I am not taking custom orders anymore. Sorry.**

**I still have some grips available for purchase and I will occasionally be adding grips to my inventory**

If you don't like to use Pay Pal I take these other methods of payment
money orders, personal checks, or cash
just email me telling me what you want and what method you are going to use to pay. Thanks.
If you are not happy with your grips I will give you a full refund only if they have NOT been altered in anyway.
timperkes2@gmail.com
**There will be no more custom checkering option for any of my grips but I will be happy to stipple all types of grips for an extra $20.00 per pair. Thank you.**

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cribbage Board with Inlay


I made this cribbage board as a wedding present for a friend. The board is made from a piece of cherry that I have been hanging onto for a while. The inlay is a Celtic wedding knot. I wanted the inlay to be three different colors to highlight the design of the knot. The darkest part of the inlay is walnut. The reddish wood is lyptus and the light wood is olive. In one end of the board there is a spot for storing the pegs. The mechanism is quite simple and consists of a spring loaded oak rod with a hole drilled cross ways through the middle. A brass rod fits in a slot cut into the oak rod and limit the amount of travel in or out. I got quite an education from this project. If there is a next time, I will use a different kind of glue to glue the inlay to the base block. The clear epoxy I used didn't do me any favors hiding the inevitable gaps between the inlay and the base wood. Also the spring I got out of a used ink pen is a little under powered for the mechanism. I already have some better springs that I might use. Also, when I was done I wished the inlay and the holes for the cribbage pegs where more in harmony with each other and not just mashed together. Next time I'll take the placement of the holes into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment